Tuesday, September 4, 2012

“For this child I prayed”

  We had our 2nd appointment with Dr. Holladay today!  We were so eager for this appointment because it meant we would get to hear our little beans heartbeat.  And we got to do just that- we heard a very strong healthy heartbeat right away!  Dr. H assured us that everything looked on track and our little one was growing and developing healthy!  It’s hard to believe that in just another 8 weeks we will get to find out what he or she is!  
Now on to the details:
Looking back, I probably should  have had more of a clue that I was pregnant than I did but I honestly did not at.all. July 14th, the girls and I threw a wedding shower for Courtney and Whitney with a Mexican Fiesta Theme. We indulged in tacos, chips and queso, margaritas, coronas, etc.  After we headed to the bar where I began feeling not so hot so I switched to water as soon as we got there.  {First clue should have been that I almost became sick to my stomach from the margaritas but I blamed it on the amount of sugar.}  The next morning I still did not feel right but I brushed it off and headed to church with the family.  As we normally do, we headed to brunch after where I enjoyed sipped on a mimosa that only made me feel worse.  {Second clue- your body is rejecting alcohol- listen!}  We spent the day at my parents and after Sunday night dinner we headed back to Camden.  At this point I was just not feeling like myself and I convinced John that we should run by CVS on the way into town.  {Third clue- I was late.  two days late}  While he was unpacking the car, I snuck inside to the bathroom.  I just knew that I was overreacting.  Or so I thought.  Sure enough it read “Pregnant” within {what felt like 15 minutes} a minute and I was not really sure what to do with my knowledge.  I ran to the back door and yelled for John to which he told me to hold on and then finally asked what I wanted.  After a few times I finally screamed “You probably want to come here, NOW”. I met him at the door with the test and I have never seen an ear to ear grin from him like I did in that moment.  I can remember repeating “what are we going to do” while he tried to calm me and remind me this was wonderful and just what we always wanted. I was still not convinced that we were pregnant and suggested we call my mom.  I asked her what the chances were that a test was false positive and what I needed to do.  She told me they were rare but to sleep on it and if I still had not gotten my monthly visit in a few days to take another one. All the while she was ecstatic- 3 babies born 5 months apart was a thought that made this grandma HAPPY!
These next 12 hours were interesting and quite an emotional roller coaster for us.  Monday morning I had just walked in to work when I got a phone call from John that he had been t-boned on his way to a meeting.  He assured me he was fine but that he was a little beaten up and was waiting on the cops.  Long story short, I ended up leaving and meeting him at the ER around 9:30 not to return to work.  While picking up his pain medicine, we grabbed a few more tests and 2 more later it was confirmed.  I was now convinced it was true and ecstatic… We are having a BABY!  
We had our first appointment at 8 weeks.  Everything checked out great and after some begging and pleading, we got our first sneak peek at what's inside! A very active baby that even decided to wiggle for us with a strong heartbeat of 174!   Music to our ears and tears in our eyes!
8 week ultrasound
These past 11 weeks have been anything but easy.  I can’t say that anything could have prepared me for how I was going to feel during this pregnancy.  From about week 4 1/2 to now I have been exhausted around the clock with a constant headache. I am prone to sinus pressure/infections and this pregnancy has only magnified it.  I am so thankful for Zofran which has kept my nausea at bay for the most part and prevented me from actually getting sick! Hopefully we are almost over the worst and the second trimester will bring me some energy! 
Thank you for all your sweet messages, thoughts and prayers! It has always been in our plan to start a family soon and we feel so blessed that God made this so easy for us!
prayed for this child colored
I can’t wait to document our journey to meeting Baby Thompson!

1 comment:

Sweet Caroline said...

So happy for y'all:) You Watson girls sure know how to make babies!!! Hope you start feeling better soon!!