Monday, September 16, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day weekend was non stop.  We started it by waking at the crack of dawn to make the trip home from Orlando for the USC season opener against UNC.  IMG_2155

That morning we got the news that our newest addition coming to the family in February is going to be a sweet baby girl!!  John and I are beyond excited since this little bundle whose name will be Katherine Marie will also be our goddaughter!

IMG_2169

Friday morning we retrieved our child back from his granddaddy to hit the road to Charleston for The Citadel season opener.  My sister made this adorable bubble for our little Bulldog to sport to his first Citadel game.

IMG_2171

We were exhausted from the weeks events so we had a low key night walking King Street then grabbed dinner at our favorite sushi spot, Wasabi.

IMG_2182IMG_2190

We housesat for one of John’s good friends and his wife.  My husband- the dog whisperer. 

IMG_2193

A trip to Charleston is not complete without the obligatory bridge picture. 

IMG_2201

We met up with Jimmy and Chris for brunch at Page’s Okra Grill before the game.  It came recommended by a few people and it was just as good as we had heard.  The shrimp and grits were some of the best I’d ever had! 

The game wasn’t until that night but we had to get there a bit early to visit campus.  It holds a special place in us {obviously John more} as it was the same place John proposed and also the first place we visited after finding out we were expecting our baby boy!  I was so excited because I knew how much it meant to John.  I know he’s been dreaming of this day since last year!

IMG_2210

We' have been so fortunate to tailgate with  The McQueeney’s for the games.  They have a great tailgate set up with an RV, tv, fans and lots of fun! 

IMG_2213

future cadet?

IMG_2216

The PSL is back at Starbucks- I think I had one everyday that weekend.

IMG_2237

We stopped by the outlets on the way out of town.  Most stores were having their big Labor Day sales.  I picked up a handful of fall necessities including this BCBG jacket for next to nothing!  We’re ready for the cold weather.

IMG_2238

We had lunch at Jim-n-Nicks complete with Sam Adams Octoberfest and a plate of BBQ and sides.  

IMG_2239

IMG_2243

This little one is starting to get into anything he can get his hands on.  Including our plates of food. 

IMG_2253

I may have tricked John into reading this book.  I can’t even blame it on my hormones anymore but this book makes me cry… like ugly cry sob.  I tried to read it a few weeks ago and didn’t make it through the first two pages. 

IMG_2257

Opening day for Dove season was Monday which we had to make it back for.  Anderson is obviously too young to tag along but I made sure to have some camo for him to wear. 

IMG_2263

IMG_2267

IMG_2269

IMG_2271

One of us cleaned all day while the other caught up on his sleep. 

{Can you tell I’m dying for cold weather??}

IMG_2276

I hadn’t had backstrap since before I got pregnant last year.  It was one thing I missed most that I couldn’t have.  We had it for dinner that night and it was even better than I remember. 

IMG_2296

Our weekend ended with this little bug in our bed.  We were exhausted but long fun filled weekends are always worth it!

IMG_2298

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anderson is getting SOOO big! So cute!