Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is this really happening?

John surprised me with a massage from Massage Envy for Christmas- I had never had one and was really excited to see what all the fuss was about.  My company allows me to “flex” every other Friday and leave at 12:00, so I decided it would be the perfect way to start off my weekend.  I scheduled my massage for 1:30 and feeling extra generous, I surprised John and scheduled him for one too.  We met for lunch at McAlisters and headed over in time for our hour of rest and relaxation.

Rewind to Monday- If you know John and I, you know we are always.on.the.go.  I woke up that morning thinking I just want to stay home for ONE weekend.  Well, John and I had planned to visit friends in Charleston and he was not going to let me back out.  All week the plans changed.  We are staying with so and so, we are going here, we are going there, we are doing this…. and now that.  By Friday the plan was, or so I thought- We are meeting my friend that works in the athletic department on campus to pick up box tickets, meeting Chris and baby Henry at the stadium and after going to eat sushi with all his friends and we need to leave  no later than 3:30.   

Friday comes and I finally experience that little piece of heaven that everyone talks about and rushed home to shower and be ready as I was told.  We hit the road and make it to campus just in time to grab the tickets.  As we are getting out the car John makes his phone call to his friend.  At this point I am following John onto the parade deck paying absolutely no attention to anything around me.   IMG_4447The next thing I know, John is on one knee and all I remember is repeating “Is this really happening”.  I of course said “YES”!IMG_4453IMG_4465IMG_4489Chris and baby Henry were there to capture the engagement!  I could have not asked for anything more perfect and fitting.    We celebrated with friends in Charleston Friday night and headed home Saturday morning to see our families!   IMG_2175IMG_2179 April 20, 2012!

No comments: