Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Progress

As veggies lovers, we were pleasantly surprised to find that our yard came fully equipped with a garden and irrigation system.  A few Saturdays ago we headed out in search of veggies to plant.  We came home with tomato, squash, cucumber and 3 different type of pepper plants.  Recently Updated-1I will be the first to tell you, I know nothing about gardening.  I didn’t get my hopes up and told myself we would just experiment this first time around.  Much to my surprise, the tomatoes and banana peppers are growing.  However, I think we are going to have to wait until next year on the others.Summer 2011-1We are now the proud owners of a TV that measures bigger than a computer monitor!  Kidding, kind of.  We have been putting off buying a new TV until after the closing and we finally settled with a Sony.  I am not much of a TV watcher but it has certainly made for one happy Fiancé!  IMG_2937 John’s dad gifted us with 2 new rocking chairs recently.  They are perfect for our front porch but John insisted on painting them.  I have to admit, I’m glad we did but it reminded me of just how much I despise painting. 

     the finished product….IMG_2942The house is definitely a work in progress but we have had so much fun making it into our home!   I hope to have more projects to share soon!

No comments: