Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {Ramblings}

If my calculations are correct, I have 31 more of these posts until the Big Day- uh yikes, what did I get myself into?!?  I have been questioning myself on what I would write about this week and I have nothing.  So, Instead I am going to ramble.
I’m asked at least every other day how planning is going.  In the beginning I loved that question- it was new and fun and I had so much to do.  Now, not so much.  Maybe because I’ve been doing it non stop for the past 6 months.  Maybe because it feels like it will NEVER get here.  Either way, I still force a smile and respond “GREAT!” in true happy bride fashion.  Don't get me wrong, I am a very happy bride but this planning sometimes feels like it’s for the birds.  
However, the past few weeks have been an exception.  I have made so much progress lately that I’ve actually caught myself hoping that someone, anyone and everyone will ask! 
A few months ago, I ordered my bridesmaids gifts (all the way from Ireland!)… well half of the gift.  Like everything else, it was waiting game until they came in and I could actually see them.  I. am. in. love.  I did order myself “one” and I am already wanting to “use” them! 
As mentioned in last weeks post, we got our proofs back from our engagement pictures that also included our save-the-date shot.  We immediately sent the picture to Tara to get started on them and as of today, they are approved and finalized!  I looked at them over and over and over again before finally making a decision.  I am praying she does not give me that many options for the invitations or I am screwed, for lack of better terms. Indecisiveness at its finest.   Oh and John- well he has expressed a little bit of obsession over them but shh don't tell him I told you!
Last but certainly not least (drum roll), THE list is finally coming together.  It may have been forced as I can’t send save-the-dates without it but it’s getting done nonetheless.  I have come to swear by the “wedding list” function on The Knot. 
I don't even know if I define wedding season the same way others do, but our wedding season is starting to pick up.  So far we have 7 weddings between now and June 2012, exciting but scary.  There could be many more. 
First up- Scottie and Austin. yay!  Did I mention it is in The Highlands and we are having an adult mountain weekend?  double yay!   We are throwing a shower Friday for them and I can’t wait to share the excitement via the blog with all of you!

No comments: