Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Randoms

Thank goodness it’s Friday!  It’s no secret they are my favorite, especially when I have the afternoons off! 

Now that our schedules are finally slowing down a little, we’ve been taking advantage of the free time by cleaning and organizing the house.  I have moments lately where I just don’t think I’ll ever catch up between the laundry, dishes and the overwhelming stack of wedding gifts and thank you notes that are piling up.  Should I bother mentioning that between all of the hustle and bustle of the wedding and officially moving all of my loot to Camden, I have managed to shove everything into closets and drawers.  I am embarrassed yet proud to say, I finished all the laundry in the house for the first time in a long time today!166773992421237047_7SYNWSSW_cI have however managed to stay on top of my wifey duties in the kitchen.  Ok, maybe just the cooking part.  {John usually gets talked into doing the dishes or at very least just throwing them in the sink to be done later.}  This week I tried my hand at a few Pinterest recipes and they did not disappoint if I must say so myself.  I have been loving my slow cooker lately- its effortless and usually makes me look like I can cook.  Throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot in the morning and come home to a cooked dinner after work- what's not to love?  This slow cooker cilantro lime chicken was so tasteful and easy.  It’s definitely worth trying! photoI have heard a lot about the knock off JCrew necklaces that apparently look just like them but are super cheap!  I ordered one last night so I’m interested to see what its all about!  140John and I have a tiny visitor for the night.  I picked Watson up around lunch time and brought him back to Camden with me.  We have been having fun all day and don’t want to return him tomorrow!  Emory’s birthday party is in the morning and we have a wedding fiesta for Court & Whitney tomorrow night so it looks like we have to!  photoHope you have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Liz Bridges said...

I love that necklace! And that slow cooker chicken looks great! I will have to try that!

Liz