Sunday, November 4, 2012

The big reveal!

John and I had always agreed that we wanted to find out if we’d be having a girl or boy when we could- waiting until birth was just not an option for us impatient ones.  We entertained the idea of a gender reveal party but decided it was too much attention and less personal than what we wanted.  I mentioned to John the idea of not finding out at the appointment, having the tech put the “results” in an envelope and going to dinner alone to find out.  He loved it and that became the plan… until it started to seem sort of anticlimactic.  Don’t get me wrong, it would be exciting either way but I wanted to do something still with just the two of us but a little more.  I thought of the idea of decorating plates and having the restaurant serve our dessert on the correct one so we’d have to eat through to find out. 

Plan B it was and off to Mad Platter we went. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember seeing a post about this project…plates 2John babyThursday after our appointment we gave both plates to my mom and she wrapped up the right one- she took her job seriously.  Thanks mom!:)present{She did not trust that we wouldn’t open the package and cheat -I was a little worried that the restaurant would think we came with a bomb}

We chose Rue De Jean for dinner- if you’ve never been, you need to go.  The food is some of the best in Charleston. Our reservations were at 6:30 and by 7:05 we had plowed through our appetizers and entrees and were ready for dessert!   Quickest. Meal. Ever.  babyFinally, the waiter delivered the dessert.  We were both really nervous and excited and started eating to the middle one bite at a time.  I saw the blue first but didn’t want to ruin it for John.  I wanted to see his reaction when he saw for himself so I turned the plate and took another big spoonful in exchange for a BIG ole smile!!  At the risk of being extra cheesy, I will just say it was a moment neither of us will never forget.  11.2IMG_5279We were so excited!!!  {so much that I didn’t think to give the waiter my good camera so we only have this grainy iphone picture}revealWe could not wait to share the news with our family and friends so we made our phones calls and text messages.  My sweet sisters sent gifts for Baby T with us to Charleston and asked that we open them at dinner after the reveal.  He is already so loved and spoiled by his Aunts!! I can’t wait  to dress him in all this blue!clothes

Thank you for all your sweet messages and congratulations.  I can’t begin to say how excited we are and how blessed we feel!  Hurry up March!! 

2 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

So excited for y'all!!! Isn't it funny how NOT right most of those "old wives tales" are! Congratulations!

Tollywog's Blog said...

That is such a cute way to find out the gender! What a great idea! Congrats Kat! Had fun seeing you at Bennett's wedding. Hope to see you again soon@