Wednesday, August 21, 2013

{Long} Weekend Rewind

Our weekends have been jam packed for most of the summer so we were excited when we realized we had not one thing to do this weekend!  Other than relax obviously. 

John, my dad and his dad took a trip to NYC Wednesday through Friday so Anderson and I had a mini vacation at my parents for a few nights. 

Wednesday night we had a date with Aunt Meredith at Cola’s.  Since I no longer work with Meredith, we don’t get to see her often so it was nice to catch up! 

IMG_1586

IMG_1591

On a normal day, John requests pictures of this one by the hour so we were sending an overload while he was away.

IMG_1594

A major bonus of having sisters with baby boys older than Anderson are all the hand me downs we get.  The bottom two are actually Andersons that we let Mak borrow until he could wear them- we try to return the favor too!  We will all get our monies worth out of the tons of clothes in the end!  

IMG_1611

It’s always so nice to stay at my parents.  My mom is a huge help and she even lets this cutie sleep with her to give me a break! 

By Friday we were excited for daddy to come home- we sent him this to let him know to hurry. 

IMG_1632

and this bc now its cut.  One day it will get him in trouble. 

IMG_1647

Seriously the rain.  When will it stop.  My mom kept A that afternoon so I could run some errands and have some “me” time. 

IMG_1663

The guys got home just in time for us to enjoy dinner and drinks at Rosso. 

IMG_1668

These martinis were trouble… and oh so delicious. 

IMG_1672

We finally headed home Saturday morning and spent the {rainy} day in bed. How adorable are these Baby Gap pjs I scored for A.  Bring on the cold weather.  This old little man is ready!!

IMG_1688

John treated us to dinner at Salud to get us out the house. 

IMG_1693

IMG_1694

We start ‘em young around here. {Obviously kidding, but beer bottles do seem to offer relief to the teething babe}

IMG_1704

Way back when I was preggo, I bought a monogramming machine.  I used it nearly everyday when I first got it and monogrammed everything I could.  Then I had a baby and it sat unused for a good 4 months {but everything he has you know is his}.  I recently saw cute handmade napkins/coasters on IG and thought I’d give it a try.  I’m still working on them.  Stay tuned!

IMG_1705

Some nights are much worse than others in the baby sleep department.  Saturday night was one of them so Sunday morning John let me sleep in and brought me breakfast in bed. {the poor bacon struggled and was not eaten} 

IMG_1709

We are so ready for Football Season to start.  Our little man seems a little conflicted.  Go Dogs?  Go Bears? 

IMG_1712

Either way Go Rushes!  One of my favorite parts of football is the free rushes after a win.  With only a few weeks until the first game, we geared up with some and someone had their first taste of a french fry. He loved it. 

IMG_1733

We’re finally ending our summer travels this weekend with a trip to met Mickey! 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kubas said...

Correction: after 100 yards rushing{hint: Rush's} 😄