Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {invitations, china & photo sessions}

Whew.  Friday wore me out.  It was such a fun and productive day with my mom- we got so much accomplished!  We started our afternoon at Non(e)such.  I have to admit I am not good with making decisions, much less making decisions on something I know little about.  My mom is a china and crystal guru so I let her lead the way.  It was a little overwhelming to say the least but I love what we picked out! 
We finished up at Non(e)such just in time to head down the street for our appointment at Jot.  This was the most fun I’ve had so far.  Tara, the owner, was so patient and helpful- we went in with a lot of questions.  Who knew there were so. many. options.  If you know my mom, you know she loves the best of the best when it comes to pens and paper.  Needless to say, we agreed on something a little more fun than traditional but still formal.  I also found a cute idea for our Save the Dates a few months ago that Jot is going to do for us.  More to come on that:) 
Thanks mom for such a fun day and for all your help on those decisions I could not have made alone!!IMG951291 side note: John told me I was absolutely crazy for asking to take a snap shot of our appointment aftermath:)
Remember the failed attempt at engagement pictures due to the torrential down pour?  Well, mother nature was finally nice to us.  We ended our day with Zil Photography for our engagement session.    I feel so lucky that things worked out and to have Liz as our photographer.  Her husband, Ben, is one of Johns good friends and is in our wedding.  She knows John and I and who we are as a couple.  I’ve always said there is something to be said about a photographer who truly knows what/who they are photographing.  We had so much fun goofing off and just being ourselves.  I am dying to see the pictures and can’t wait to share them!  Thanks Liz (Zil is Liz backwards- get it?) for everything!
Well, time is flying.  I’ve been told it would.  This past week we hit our 8 month count down.  We are checking things off the to-do list quicker than I anticipated (yay)!  I don't know what I am going to do with myself once all the planning is done and I can sit back and enjoy being engaged! 

No comments: