Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {'maids & 'men}

No news to report on the list- I've made no headway and I'm still waiting on it to magically create itself. sigh

However, I can report that we not only have the best wedding party ever but we have also decided on what they will sport on the big day! Asking our bridesmaids and groomsmen was a lot of fun but also special for us. We have sisters, brothers, sisters/brothers in law to be, cousins, old friends and new friends.... We also each have 12. Eeekk. Do not get me wrong, we would not have it any other way.

I could not wait to find the perfect dress for my bridesmaids to wear.  I have never understood why a bride would not want her bridemaids to not only look amazing but feel comfortable too. I found this  article recently and could not agree more with it.  My mom, sisters and I made a day trip to charleston a few weeks ago in search of dresses. We were successful thanks to the sweet helpful girls at Bella Bridesmaid and I could not be more excited. I don't want to give too much away but we decided on a French Blue(swatch below) Amsale dress. They are so flattering on and I can't wait to see each of my girls in them in a few (plus some) months!


As for the guys, the decision was not so easy. Our wedding is going to be formal so we knew we at least wanted/needed the guys to wear tails. John has always said his favorite picture of his grandparents is on their wedding day leaving the church. He wore a white dinner jacket, she wore her wedding dress. We went back and forth for a good 2 months changing our decision between tails...white dinner jackets... tails... You get it. Tails it was. Until, I had my first "indecisive bride/I have 13 months to change my mind" moment. White (read-Ivory) it is. We are so thankful and blessed to have such sweet and supportive friends to stand by our sides on one of the most exciting days of our lives!

Next on the list to be checked off Friday- invitations, fine china decisions and a second attempt at engagement pictures (provided mother nature cooperates). For now I'm off to vino and yummy dinner with the girls:)

No comments: