Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The story of Sulley…

If you know me, you know that I am not a dog person or should I say an animal person in general.  John and I have been talking about a dog for awhile now.  It was inevitable that we’d have one.  John loves to hunt and for as long as we’ve been together he’s always made it clear he’d have a dog whether I liked it or not.  I gett it, there are things I do and purchase that he may not love… it’s all about compromise, right? This however was going to be a BIG compromise.  A few weeks ago an opportunity fell in our laps.  My cousin trains dogs for the government and had a trainer offer him a free dog.  If we are going to get one, why not get it for free?!?  This wasn’t just any dog.  She came from great parent that are both Field Trail Champions.  I have no clue what that means but I’ve been told it’s good!

A few weeks and phone calls later, John called me at work to say he was finally picking up the dog… that afternoon.  On my way home, he sent me a picture of our new “puppy”.  She wasn’t the same puppy I’d envisioned.  She was a 19 lb. 12 week old blonde/golden DOG!  I quickly called John and expressed my concern.  I ate those words later.  All of those words.  One lesson I have learned in the past week has been NEVER say NEVER.  This little puppy, whom we have named Sulley, had me from the get-go.  Remember the girl who doesn’t like dogs and always said, I’d never do this, or that.  Well, she lays with me on my {white} couch, licks all over my hands, jumps on me, kisses me and has slept with me.  oops.  My sisters and I {all  except for Joanna} have all now had our experiences with dogs.  Some were good, some were bad… my dad seems to think this is a phase for me and that I’ll be over her in a week.  I’m here to tell you,  I may have gone off the deep end, but this dog is here to stay and I’m loving it!IMG_371410.1110.111-2IMG_3760101211181932101211201636101211202023101211202101

No comments: