Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {save-the-dates}

I’ve totally been slack lately with my WW posts, but I’ve justified it with the fact that I never promised I’d post every Wednesday {and life has been chaotic to say the least}!:)  I really haven’t had much worth blogging about in the wedding department and I didn’t want to bore all 5 of you that may read this!  The wedding is quickly approaching- we are under 200 days!  I know that seems crazy to most that I am this excited about that but when we got engaged and set the date we were over 400.  Oh how time flies!  With Boo and Alex’s wedding being a mere 3 1/2 months before ours, we have sort of been forced to plan with them along the way.  I am not complaining, as we are almost finished.  We still have a few minor details but for the most part the decisions are made and we can now sit back and enjoy 6 months of a stress-free engagement! yay!

I spent the majority of my lunch breaks and evenings last week addressing save-the-dates.  Shortly after we got engaged, I found an idea for a save-the-date that I really liked.  I sent it to Liz and wanted to try and re-create it during our engagement shoot.  I wasn’t really sure how we were going to do this or how it would turn out.  John’s dad had a few extra pieces of Heart Pine wood {the family house in our pictures is made of this exact wood} that he let us use. A little bit of paint later and we were ready to go!  I LOVE the way they turned out {Thanks Zil Photography and Jot}! save the date {This is the picture we used.  I can not get the actual save the date to upload.  technologically.challenged.}092911222208 All ready and they were mailed out Friday! 

That is all for now.  I promise hope to be better about posting going forward!  For now, I must get back to packing.  We are heading to The Highlands after work tomorrow for Scottie and Austin’s wedding weekend!!

1 comment:

Chollet said...

I didn't know you blog! I love these save the dates! My absolute fave. :)