Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesday {firsts and lasts}

Happy leap year! Being a February baby I am always very aware of these few and far between years when we add an extra day to the calendar! Yesterday was bittersweet as I celebrated my last birthday as a Watson(although my parents often argue that we will always be Watsons!). Wow, my friends and family know how to make a girl feel special- phone calls, texts, cakes, hugs and kisses all day long! John spoiled me with a mani/ pedi from my favorite nail spa in town, a massage and a delicious dinner for the two of us at Saludas! He must have sensed that I am in a great need of some rest and relaxation!!

We celebrated my birthday tonight at my parents house complete with Pasta Fresca and (green) mint chocolate chip icecream cake- my favorite!! Tomorrow, my friends and I are celebrating at another favorite- Rosso! I have always loved birthdays and believe everyone deserves a nice long week or at least few days of celebrations! Thanks to to my wonderful family and friends for making it do special!!

On a random but important wedding note, I never thought choosing a first/last daddy daughter dance could be so difficult! I think about this often- I've always been extremely close to my dad and this dance means the world to me! For those of you that know me, know I'm a crier. I've had a couple in mind that Ive had to nix from the get-go bc I fear I will be that bride ugly crying through the whole dance. Not to mention he will be wearing a dinner jacket and I'd hate to ruin his outfit at the start of the reception. I think I've found the perfect song- meaningful but upbeat and fun but I thought I'd share a song one of my good friends sent me a few months ago. The words are so fitting but I have (ugly)cried often listening to it- there'd be no hope for me! I suggest having a tissue, or two or 3 on hand!:)

2 comments:

SCottie said...

Tears!

So excited to see you walk down the aisle with your sweet Dad!

megan said...

Omg I first heard this song just a few months ago when Cameron & I saw Edwin McCain at the fair (yeehaw!). I immediately started to ugly cry. I already had/have another song picked out, but this was a close second. Did you wind up using it?