Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall, Football & 16 week update!

I was feeling especially unprepared for the fall season when the stocking I ordered arrived in the mail this past week and I had not one fall decoration in my house.  I am so not a creative DIY-er and usually do not do much decorating because of this.  Fall decorations around this house typically consist of throwing a pumpkin on the front porch and that’s about it.  Last year I promised myself I would do more this season so Friday called for a DIY day.

I found this burlap banner tutorial online.  I loved how it turned out and it added a little extra fun to our mantle!  It was super easy and cute! Fall 2012I am a lover of all things burlap so when I saw this wreath on pinterest awhile back I knew it would be perfect for my front door.  I think you could also add something to it to carry you through the Fall to Christmas holidays.  It was a little more time consuming as you had to cut each piece of fabric, fold and pin and it used every bit of the 1 1/4 that it called for.  IMG_5265And just for fun- here are a few other things I added outside and around the house.  We still have yet to carve the pumpkins and the candy corns wont last in this house long but it’s a start, right?Fall 20121I can’t believe it is already October but I’m not complaining.  With all this fall{ish} weather comes some good football!  I was so happy to hear when they set this week’s game time that it would be a 7:00 game.  It typically means the weather starts to cool down and the game is actually enjoyable.  We were excited to head to Columbia as our #6 Gamecocks took on the #5 Georgia Bulldogs!  Gameday visited and we were happy to pull out a BIG WIN!USC.GASundays now make for an exciting day to end the weekend- they mark another week further in the pregnancy department!  Today we reached 16 weeks!  IMG_527415 weeks, 6 days

How far along? 16 weeks

Size of Baby T? an avocado, measuring at approximately 3 1/2 ounces

Maternity Clothes?  Same as last week- mostly in normal clothes but slowly transitioning into maternity pieces.

Weight Gain? 5 lbs

Stretch Marks?  I picked up some Palmer’s this week at Target and while I haven't seen any just yet, I’m hoping it will prevent any in the future!

Gender? Thinking pink!  We find out on the 1st but have something special planned to find out alone so stay tuned!

Sleep? I pretty much toss and and turn ALL night now.  My mom bought me a boppy body pillow this weekend which has helped!

Movement?  None yet but they say this is the time when you could start feeling the first flutters!

Cravings? Not much different from last week except adding steak to the list.  I had a major aversion to meat early on but am gaining back the appetite for it and wanting lots of red meat lately. 

What I miss? Alcohol.  With all the football, tailgating and wedding festivities I’m really wanting to indulge in a cold adult beverage.

Symptoms? {major} mood swings, itchy stomach, small bladder issues. 

Best moment of the week? Mom, Boo and I went shopping today and we had so much fun scoping out all the baby stuff!  I am itching to start shopping but just a few more weeks!  Amy is also being induced this week and it’s is so overwhelming to think about all the fun and excitement happening in our family! All three babies will be the same age and grow up in the same grade!

No comments: