Monday, October 15, 2012

The Cassidys tie the knot + 17 week update

It’s hard to believe that the year of the weddings has come to an end {with the exception of one that we are still waiting on the date to be set}!  We started last October with Scottie and Austin’s wedding in Highlands and ended this one with Sarah and Rob’s wedding at the beach! 

We headed down to Litchfield Friday night for the Rehearsal dinner at the Beach Club. Rob’s parent hosted a Mexican theme party complete with guacamole, salsa, quesadillas and brisket sandwiches. While I stuck to the diet coke, I was told the margaritas were yummy too!:)

Saturday morning all the girls met at Sarah’s parents condo to give her our special wedding day gift- the book.  sarahs wedding 3sarahs wedding 4We grabbed lunch before a few of us treated ourselves to a mani and pedi and then it was time to get ready for the night!

The wedding and reception were at Wachesaw Plantation.  The weather was sunny with a bit of a chill and the view was amazing. Sarah looked absolutely stunning and Rob was all smiles all night.  These two are truly meant for one another!  sarahs wedding 5sarahs wedding 1sarahs wedding 2sarahs wedding 6On our way out Sunday morning, we grabbed Starbucks, lunch and a little something for Baby T to remind us of {Aunt Sarah’s!} wonderful weekend!outfitAs we speak, The Cassidys are honeymooning in Riviera Maya at Zoetry- the same place John and I spent our honeymoon.  We are SO SO jealous but excited that we were able to talk them into the experience.  We can’t wait to hear all about it when they return! Congratulations Sarah and Rob!!

Now onto the baby stuff… I have no bump picture this week.  I intended to snap one before the wedding but as usual I was running out the door late.

How far along? 17 weeks, 1 day

Size of Baby T? a turnip, measuring at approximately 5 ounces

Maternity Clothes?  Still singing the belly band’s praises and continuing to add maternity pieces.    

Weight Gain? I am not sure of the truth here… the last couple of times I’ve weighed myself has been after dinner which says 8 lbs so I’ll go with 7?  It might be time to start adding in afternoon walks to the agenda. 

Stretch Marks? None.

Gender? We’d of course be happy with either but we’re still both saying girl!

Sleep? I want to hug and kiss whoever invented the boppy pillow.  It is AH-mazing.  I have even caught John snuggling up with it a few times when I’m getting ready for work too. 

Movement? I have felt what I think are flutters a couple of times but still nothing that I am convinced is true movement. 

Cravings? Food.  I pretty much eat whatever now.  I don’t crave much specifically but lately I am ALWAYS hungry. 

What I miss? Energy and Patience.  I never really had patience before but now it seems they are forever being tested.  I want the little bit I had back!

Symptoms? Constant itchy stomach, exhaustion, big time emotions, growing belly{!!}

Best moment of the week? Welcoming Anna West Thursday afternoon, the first of the three cousins!  She is precious and looks just like her big sister Emory! 

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Congrats Kat! I know you will be a great mom especially to a little girl - since you used to dress me in high school! lol