Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend happenings + 24 weeks

I can’t believe it is already December.  Where has this year gone?!? 

Our weekends are starting to slow down and I couldn’t be more excited to start celebrating the Holidays and be able to enjoy them!

Friday night, we had the 3 oldest Dupree kiddos over for a slumber party.  We’ve kept Watson a few times but never all three so I knew it would be interesting but fun! 

Uncle John picked up pizza for dinner and for dessert we had bumble gum and snickers ice cream bars.1We watched a couple of movies then the boys made their pallet on the floor.  Em and I had a girls only room {until Watson snuck in the bed}.  7For breakfast we had our usual cinnamon rolls.  Watson requests these every time he visits and the other kids did  not object! 8Amy and Aaron planned to surprise them with a fun trip to Ridgeway to see the Trains so I had to turn them back over.

John and I spent all day Saturday painting Anderson’s nursery and I LOVE it!  {more to come in another post}9I am a sucker for hamburgers lately so they were had for dinner that night.  12

Anderson goes “bananas” over bananas lately so we keep a stash on hand.  I guess too many because I couldn’t eat them fast enough before they started going bad. 11Only solution- whip up some homemade banana bread muffins this afternoon!10I swear I will get better at these weekly posts.  I was prepared to snap a picture today in front of the new nursery walls… and then I had a {major} meltdown because my camera wouldn’t cooperate.  24 weeks

How far along? 24 weeks

Size of Baby T? an ear of corn, weighing at a little over a pound and almost a foot long

Maternity Clothes? I recently purchased my first pair of maternity work pants- they are amazing!  I packed up the majority of my “normal” clothes last weekend to make room for bigger sizes. 

Weight Gain? 15 lbs.  I was feeling kind of guilty until the doctor pointed out that I was doing well considering I had come off of Thanksgiving week.  I am trying to watch what I consume a little closer though. 

Stretch Marks? Still clear thank goodness! 

Gender? BOY! BOY! BOY! 

Sleep? I’ve thrown the towel in and accepted that sleep will never be the same until… well, maybe never.  It gets more uncomfortable by the night.      

Movement? Non stop and has picked up more during the day.  I notice it more if I’m lying flat on my back too. 

Cravings? Bananas {Anderson goes CRAZY when I eat them} and “comfort food”.  I’ve never been one to eat tons of casseroles and warm dishes but I can’t get enough of them these days. 

What I miss?  Red wine.  I can’t lie, I crave it. 

Symptoms? I continue to have the bad taste in my mouth as I did in the 1st trimester, moodiness, headaches, growing belly

Best moment of the week? Welcoming our sweet nephew, Mak, on Tuesday morning- the second of the three new cousins!  It’s hard to believe that in just a little over 3 months we will be meeting our little one and I know that Anna West, Mak and Anderson will be the best of friends! 

No comments: